Boo Moving!
I made a decision today. I want to stay at my first job for at least three years. As a result of my ever increasing strong dislike for the packing and moving process. People say practice makes perfect, but this marks my sixth move in 3 ½ years… and I’m still far from perfection.
My dad came up tonight with the good ole’ minivan to help move me. We packed my desk, three drawer storage container, swivel recliner w/ ottoman, and twin size bed (along with bedding and several boxes) in the back of the trusty Caravan minivan. . I do have to say it was rather impressive. The packing part we might be getting down to a science. My Stratus tackled the rest, but isn’t capable of very heavy lifting. :)
The sad part is saying good-bye to a town that has been my home since coming here in 2006. Yes I’ll be back for May-Juneish but it still isn’t the same. Student teaching is like graduating in December and going through a 16-week training program before starting the ‘real’ job.
Nerves
Today was hands-down the most uneasy I’d felt to date. Then a brilliant idea popped into my head – Why don’t I call my cooperating teacher and talk about next week? Then an amazing thing happened, I got excited again, instead of apprehensive… finally! I’ve realized a big lesson for me to learn while student teaching will be asking for help before I hit a brick wall while going 90 mph.
My Apartment
I have a single bedroom apartment in Bolivar. It’s around 15 min from school. This seemed like a bit of a drive until I realized it takes just as longto drive and park on campus! I also remembered I had a 10 minute drive when I went to high school. I will officially and completely be moved down there on Sunday. Start the journey on Monday.
It's for real
I am still pinching myself everyday wondering if I’ve really made it this far. I still don’t feel like a college senior, man I remember a point in time when I thought they were so old! The serious side is I do believe the majority of us underestimate the accomplishment of pursuing and achieving higher education.
Thanks!
I want to thank everyone who has passed along support and encouragement! Feel free to continue because it really does mean a whole lot to me! Lately even been the best part of my day!
It’ll be a few days before my internet is up and running in my apartment but no worries I will be back to posting shortly! May the new year bring your life sunshine and a rainbow to follow every storm.
Thought of the Week – Why would you send in gold jewelry to a company on those TV ads? Here let me send you $500 of gold in an unsuspicious envelope being sent to “Gold for Cash” with no proof that I ever sent it with the hopes that you will then send me $500 out of the kindness of your little business heart. As my smart friend said on the subject, “We already have Gold for Cash stores. It’s called your local Family Pawn Shop! You walk out with either money or your gold still in your hands.”
Andrew {5 Years}
9 years ago

You are going to be the best student teacher those kids have ever seen!
ReplyDelete