There's a whole lot of figuring out me as a teacher happening lately. Well not so much me teaching, but me planning lesson plans because my brain has been dead of all good ideas lately. Also teaching stuff I'm not very familiar with is difficult. Where I'm at in life became reality for me this week and it hit hard. I think it shut off my ability to think past this is the end of college. I love teaching but this transition period of figuring out curriculum, well... just sucks.
On a positive note: I have to finish planning my lessons for tomorrow and tie up my 'sub plans' for Friday BECAUSE I will be in COLUMBIA from Friday morning to Sunday morning and I am pumped! Class all day Friday - I will be in jeans and a hoodie. You can bet money on that! Oh how it feels a lot longer than 2 1/2 weeks!
Last Friday my sister called me to announce her and her hubby are expecting their first on August 11th. He has two girls from previous marriage who we completely accept as neices, so it's not my first neice/nephew but it's her first so it's still really exciting. Well and the first baby one! Even though they said they'd be trying after a year so I kind of expected it to be announced relatively soon... Mom on the other hand seemed to have missed that memo and she has kept it a secret for few weeks now and was SO shocked and surprised... but 'in a good way'! Lordy... I told her she didn't drop any I would like to be a Grandma hints during the holidays so that was a red flag right there! Youngest of four... I couldn't imagine growing up any other way!
P.S. This is Doug from the old TV cartoon series, Doug. One of those shows I remember I watched but don't remember what it was... anyway Doug the cartoon....
Doug in real life...
Actually, the above is a guy named Tye who I went to high school with... he came out Sophomore year, then moved away, and sent me a friend request yesterday on Facebook... I haven't seen him in six years and my first reaction was - Why does he looks familiar...he doesn't look anything like he did... OMG DOUG!



No comments:
Post a Comment